Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just so you all know...

It's been 28 days (isn't that like some sort of milestone for alcoholics, BTW???)... anywhoooo...

And, I have not purchased shoes, accessories or clothes. (Nor has anyone purchased any for me... thanks to M.E.'s added rule, which I still do not like, just for the record).

People keep asking me if my clothes are new... and it makes me laugh, because I never really wear the old clothes (which I have been lately) because they get lost in my closet. So, that's nice, I guess.

But, the true sacrifice is this... I have been "brick" training, because my friend Brooke REALLY wants me to do a triathlon in September. So, I wanted to see how many calories a person burns while swimming. So, of course, I went to ask.com.

As it turns out, a person generally burns 150 calories an hour shopping! (250 if you're grocery shopping... but who grocery shops FOR AN HOUR?!?)

So, basically I just wanted you all to know that I am pretty sure I am gaining weight on this silly new goal of ours. And, if I grow out of all my old clothes... well, then I am really screwed, at least until July, right?

Whose bright idea was this anyway?!?

2 comments: